Friday, October 22, 2021

"Evil is at Hand"

Reading I Rom 7:18-25a

Brothers and sisters:
I know that good does not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh.
The willing is ready at hand, but doing the good is not.
For I do not do the good I want,
but I do the evil I do not want.
Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it,
but sin that dwells in me.
So, then, I discover the principle
that when I want to do right, evil is at hand.
For I take delight in the law of God, in my inner self,
but I see in my members another principle
at war with the law of my mind,
taking me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.
Miserable one that I am!
Who will deliver me from this mortal body?
Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The moral life tells us to choose good and avoid evil. This passage from scripture tells us that we are aware of this but because evil is at hand to upend the good we are willing to do, we must take into ourselves the law of God, fight against the evil presented within our minds by trusting on the Lord to deliver us from ourselves. Terri

No comments:

Signs of God's Love

 Signs of God's Love Since December I have been struggling with an increase in Tinnitus in one hear to now two hears and with a horrendo...